Sunday, May 29, 2011

3 weeks down, 2 more to go

The hubsters and I are finally back in Lubbock after the New York trip with mom and sister and the Hilbert's wedding :)  Wow has it been a crazy last couple of weeks.  Our trip to Dallas was much needed seeing lots of family and friends, and also some peace and quiet for Sean!


Me and the girls at a cute Wine and Cheese Restaurant....aren't they so cute!

The start off the NY trip with the girls was just fabulous.  We spent the whole time shopping, eating, and watching Broadway shoes...a true girls trip.  We saw "Mary Poppins" and "Chicago" and I have been singing songs from both ever since we got to LBK for some reason.  I even made Sean watch a few youtube videos of Mary Poppins.  We had fabulous food and some really great wine.  I might have to say my favorite food was the sushi, but that might only be because I haven't had sushi in forever....we can't bring ourselves to eat sushi in Lubbock.


The trip, while not necessarily restful, was somehow very relaxing.  Whenever I get to spend time with these two lovely ladies I'm always so encouraged and always have so much fun.  I'm so blessed to have them!  I truly have learned so much from them about myself, how to be a wife, and how to be a better friend!  I couldn't do life without them! I also truly love and look up to my wonderful Dad and brother-in-law.  It's so good for us to be around them and remind ourselves what being the leader looks like.  Again I'm so glad I have wonderful role models to look up to.


We also saw tons of friends, and like always, made us wish we could be closer to them.  We went on double dates with Kris and Garrett and Cody and Allison, we saw Cory and Coby, Ty and Bethany, Cooper, Kate and Drew, and the list goes on and on.  It did make us very grateful though for how blessed we are with the friends we have made in Lubbock.  We will miss them so much when we move to Amarillo!


Kristin and I from forever ago!


The last event was Kristin and Garrett's wedding.  It was BEAUTIFUL, so fun, and so personal.  We loved getting to see some of our best friends tie the knot and are already planning vacations with them...they just don't know it yet!  Pictures to come soon!
Us on our way to the wedding


Countdown to STEP: 14 days!  
Keep Sean in your prayers.  He is doing awesome with studying and really pushing through.  Pray that he has strength, endurance, and a passion to pursue this for Christ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment