Monday, May 30, 2011

Decorating Blogs

So after almost a year of being in our apartment, I totally have the itch to revamp it a little bit!  I truly don't want to buy anything expensive, and love it as is, but just a few changes. I have been a tiny, little, bit obsessed with looking at decorating blogs.  I've discovered I like the "Modern French" look.  A few of my favorite blogs are:

See I already saw something I liked on there and just spent 15 minutes looking at it!  Anyways my goals for our low budget revamp are:
  • Paint our kitchen table and chairs
  • Recover chairs
I'll pause right there to talk about my dream paint to use.  It's called Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and again I'm not obsessed with it :)  I would love to do Old White and then sand the edges to give a worn look.  Where is Mrs. Cotton when you need her!

  • paint the wanna be headboard in our guest room
That room is cute but so mix match.  I'm not sure what color to paint it yet so I think I'm going to wait until we move up to Amarillo.


We tried the "turn an old door into a desk" idea but found that it wasn't very practical unless you bought glass to go on top of it....too expensive.  We are now looking for just a simple table that is practical....any ideas?  I want to have the desk area very organized and clean so Sean can study at it!
Home Office
  • Find a new desk and redo desk area
  • Redo our bedroom
I'm so excited we can paint in our new apartment!  It's such a good way to spice up a room inexpensively.  What we need for in there is two side tables with lamps.  I can even paint the side tables so really they could just be from a resale shop!  I found some super cute lamps at target that I love so we shall see!
CA Stacked Crystal Table Lamp Base
Love these bases...these are from PB but the ones from Target look very similar!

Burlap Tapered Drum Lamp Shade
Of course I love anything burlap...again these are from PB but they have less expensive ones are Target

Well those are just a few of my ideas....I'll keep dreaming :)  If ya'll have any easy DIY projects please share them with me!    

No comments:

Post a Comment