Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Student Teaching 101

The first three days of student teaching is down and it has been going "fab" in the words of Mrs. Gammill.  The school is like friday night lights, the other teachers are so sweet, and the students are precious!  My favorite line so far is from a little boy in my class, please remember I'm student teaching in the country.  He came up to me and a rather big texas twang and said, "Do you have frogs or toads in your house?  We do!  Well we have liiiiittle baby frogs and toooooads at night!"  It was precious and I'm quickly getting too big of a heart for each one of them!

Next, CONGRATULATIONS KATE AND DREW!  This fabulous couple got engaged on Sunday evening, and I couldn't be more excited for them.  They are a wonderful couple who loves the Lord.  I cannot wait to see what kind of work God does in their lives, and to watch them fall even more in love over their engagement time.  


Sean and I are really excited to get involved in our church Redeemer.  God is doing some awesome stuff there, and we're really learning what it looks like to follow Christ on a daily basis and through our marriage.  It's crazy how God places things on your heart, and then guides us to a church that is already actively pursuing those things.  We are excited to get involved in a small group and become challenged as followers of Christ!  I've already been blessed with meeting some wonderful girls in a Med School Wives bible study that I've been going to!  They are so precious, and I know God placed them in my life to help Sean and I do this whole "med school/marriage" thing :)  Please be praying about Sean's future with 3rd/4th year and residency.  It's crazy how those things are already talked about.  We know Christ already has a place laid out for us, but pray that we will be following his will.



So I know this is Meal Planning "Wednesday," but it's better late than never!  So far every meal has been good....and it only cost me $100 at the grocery story!

Monday:  Scallops with capers and tomatoes, served with pasta and grilled veggies
Tuesday:  Orange Chicken with brown rice and stir fry
Wednesday:  Baked Chicken Parmesan with pasta and okra (This one was SO easy and DELICIOUS!)
     http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html
Thursday: Sesame Crusted Tuna Steak with edamame and.....unknown? Suggestions?
Friday: Beef Chimichangas with bacon wrapped jalapenos, veggies, and rice. (Sean has been dying for bacon wrapped jalapenos....we'll see if I can eat them!)
Saturday: Sean's Surprise Birthday Dinner!
Sunday: Thai Beef with chiles

1 comment:

  1. AW THANKS, Mellie!!
    PS- your dinners are sounding SO SO amazing and those tuna steaks look way legit!

    Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete